Nonprofit Law/steps for dissoulution of non-profit entertainment recreational 501(c)(3)

Question
Board members have voted to dissolve this non-profit I realize I must submit a dissolution form to the IRs am I also to submit something to the state other than my filing.  We have also agreed to donate the remaining monies to charities and am I to submit that to the Attorney General of the state before I disburse the funds.  I have downloaded the short form of the dissolution have filed the 199n and will file the 990ez next but the site is down at the present.  I would like a short outline as to the correct filings.

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. You asked about California but I am willing to give you some leads. For copies of documents "General Guide for Dissolving A California Nonprofit Corporation" at
http://ag.ca.gov/charities/publications/dissolving.pdf - I just pulled it up in about 2 seconds, so that site is not down.

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather more information.

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic