Nonprofit Law/npo states

Question
Does a 501c3 need to be filed in each state if same organization

Answer
Only in states where the 501(c)(3) organization would be having people on the ground would it need to register as a "foreign", meaning "out-of-state" corporation wishing to do business in those other states and the registration is with the same office that incorporates (usually called the Secretary of State's Office, Corporation Division)

You would also need to consider the other states' charitable solicitation regulations.

www.after-prom.org/state_charity_contacts.html has links to the state offices that regulate charitable
organizations and charitable solicitations.

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather more information.  

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic