Nonprofit Law/Real Property Transfer

Question
Can a Church transfer deed of real property to a 501c3 organization for $1.00?  Are there are concerns of violating IRS guidelines for tax-exempt?

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations that are not private foundations. Therefore, by "a 501(c)(3) organization" I am assuming you are referring to such a public charity. Under IRS regulations a church may transfer real property to a public charity for $1 or even as a full gift.

There may be something in the church's articles of incorporation and bylaws that prohibit such a transfer and I could look those over for a fee. If you want to hire me, send me an email directly to my email address below and I will quote you my fees.

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather more information.

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic