Nonprofit Law/Taxes on purchase of property

Question
I am the ED of a Non-Profit in OK.  We are in the process of purchasing a building to house our Non-Profit.  Are we responsible for paying taxes on the purchase of the property?

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. The IRS does not have any tax for the purchase of real estate.  The real property transfer tax is what you appear to be referring to and that is under a State law. Even though this forum is not for such state law issues, I will direct you to http://countycourthouse.org/pages/registrar-of-deeds#Documentary where I do not see any reference to "nonprofits". I suggest you contact the state on Tuesday.

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather more information.

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic