Nonprofit Law/Non-profit status

Question
My Partner and I have started a non -profit Association To help inner city youth athletes eventually obtain scholarship opportunities. We have been aproached by another business person. He's allowing our Association to use 3 of his football fields to raise money for our Association. His offer is to allow us to keep team entrance fees. Part of which we pay for jerseys, flags and footballs,and league insurance. We also get to keep all gate access fees. He gets all concessions plus 15% of what we make.Will we still be able to go non-profit if we roll this back over in to the Association to use for our youth programs

Answer
The IRS allows 501(c)(3) organization status if contracts with outsiders provide to them no more than what would be reasonable. The question then is whether all concessions plus 15% of your gross income is reasonable. I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. If you want me to analyze the numbers I would need to spend a substantial amount of time and that would be beyond my offer of free service.  If you want to hire me, send me an email directly to my email address below and I will quote you my fees.

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather more information.

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic