Nonprofit Law/radio ad acceptability for a 501C7

Question
can we call to action?  can we sell our off premisis catering services? can we promote new membership on radio as well?  thanks FOR A PROMPT REPLY.  NN5K3 CP

Answer
I have in my profile that this free forum is only for general questions about IRS federal exemption issues of 501(c)(3) organizations. Your question is about a 501(c)(7) organization. Even though this forum is not for such issues, I will give you some leads.  

It appears you are referring to a social club and rules for social clubs are found on the IRS site at
http://www.irs.gov/irm/part7/irm_07-025-007.html and you will note that there is no prohibition from promoting new membership on radio or through other media.

Catering may be an unrelated business, depending upon the facts and circumstances and the IRS would not be concerned if the income is very small in relation to the gross income of the organization. If you want me to analyze your proposal in writing, I would  need to spend a substantial amount of time.  If you want to hire me, send me an email directly to my email address below and I will quote you my fees.

Harvey Mechanic
Attorney at Law
Harvey108@hotmail.com

P.S. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. For me to consider your individual situation and how the law applies, I would need to gather more information.

Nonprofit Law

Harvey Mechanic