Norway/Can you find old Norwegian Air Force friend?

Question
QUESTION: In the 1960's we were neighbors and good friends of Per and Dagne Eckholdt while they were at Edwards Air Force Base in California.  We have lost track of each other and woujld very much like to re-establish our friendship.  Can you help us find them.  I think Per is now a Brigadier or may even be retired by now.  We have tried every way possible to try and find them.  Think you could help us?  
We would appreciate anything you can do.  You may include our email address if you can find them.
Thank you.  Walt Simmons, 940 Astern Way, suite 301, Annapolis, Maryland, 21401

ANSWER: Checking the phonebook I can find two persons with that name in norway. Per Arne Eckholdt and Per Christian Eckholdt. If it is either of these two you can simply call them directly. There are also other spellings of the name and that increases the number of persons to a total of five.

http://www.gulesider.no/tk/search.c?q=per+eckholdt&x=0&y=0

I could not find any Dagne Eckholdt in the phonebook. Maybe her name was Dagny - that would be a much more common name? Or she is simply not listed - very common for housewives before everyone got their own cellphone.

Searching through the tax registry I see that Per C. Eckholdt was born in 1966, so he is not your man. Per A. Eckholdt was born in 1959, so that is probably also to young.

Per Fredrik Ekholdt on the other hand was born in 1947 and is a candidate. And Per Kristian Ekholt was born in 1948. The last name - Per Sverre Ekholt is not in the tax registry, so I do not know when he was born.

That is all I can find. So if none of these chaps fits the bill, then maybe he still lives abroad, or is no longer alive. You could try inquiring through the Defence office (www.forsvaret.no) or even the national persons registry (www.folkeregisteret.no)

But there are only 52 persons with the name ECKHOLDT, with that particular spelling in norway - so you could just call around and ask the ones that look promising if they are related to the persons in question. Just remember the time difference. There are another 62 Ekholt's and 51 Ekholdt's - so you should be able to cover every one of them in a couple of saturdays.

You can double check the names with the tax registry and the approximate age here:

http://skatt.adressa.no/2008?q=Eckholdt&age=65&S%C3%B8k=Send+inn

QUESTION: Recently asked if you help with the following.   In the 1960's we were neighbors and good friends of Per and Dagne Eckholdt while they were at Edwards Air Force Base in California. He was a pilot in the Royal Norwegian Air Force.  They had 3 children, Trund, Stein and Hannah. We have lost track of each other and would very much like to re-establish our friendship.  Can you help us find them?  I think Per is now a Brigadier or may even be retired by now.  We have tried every way possible to try and find them.  Think you could help us?  

Answer
Am a bit  unsure what it is you want from me. I have allready answered this question. You will have to continue your search on your own.

Since there are only 52 persons with the name Eckholdt in norway. It is a good chance that every one of them are related to your Eckholdt in some way, and that some of them at least knows more about where to get hold of the ones you seek. I suggest you simply pick up a telephone and call some of them and ask if they know something.

----

Update
I found this for you. Here is your man:

Per Sverre Ekholdt (wife Dagny) is a retired air force colonel and is currently a resident og Heer terrasse 16, 1445 DrÝbak.

He is listed in the white pages. ...

Norway

Roy Helge Rasmussen