You are here:

Norway/dependent visa


I am a Indian, will be travelling to Norway on work permit for three months. Can I take my family ( husband  and son) with me. What kind of visa do I need to apply for them, Will it be dependent or tourist. What is the process and time line to complete the process . Waiting for your answer . Thanks in advance.

I have no idea what processing time the UDI or the embassy would need to clear a case for your family.

You can apply for either type. Either as a dependant when you're coming to work, or as tourists. Either should work out fine as long as the time is limited to three months.  


All Answers

Ask Experts


Roy Helge Rasmussen


I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.


I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.

©2017 All rights reserved.