Norway/Job Offer in Oslo, Norway

I have been offered a position of a consulting with an IT company in Oslo, Norway. The salary offered is 675000 NOK yearly. I am currently in the US making 110,000 annually.

Is the offered salary good enough to have a decent quality of life in Oslo. Also what are the apartment rents like in Oslo for a 1 bed 1 bath kind of set up.

Thanks again,

675K/year is about 50% more than the average in norway. A very decent salary, and about on par with a master degree with 10 years of experience. If you can't live on that, you can't live on anything.

You're not rich, but making enough to live comfortably.

for expenses see:

This is a reference budget for living in norway.

Roy Helge Rasmussen

I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.

I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.