Norway/my stay in Norway

Question
I want to move to Norway and stay with my long-term boyfriend.
we have been together for the past 4 years. I have been visiting him for the  past 3 years . we have decided that we want to live together. can you give me some advice on this matter..I'm from the USA. thank you..otherwise I would have to visit for 90 days..this is so crazy the way some of these countries have things set up for residency. OK just email me back plus look forward hearing from..please help us

Answer
hi barb

I am a bit unsure about what you mean by "Some of these countries" since I assume you are seeking residency in Norway. But that aside.

You apply for family reunificaton visa. It is a simple process really. You don't even need to be married, although it often helps to convince the authorities that you're not just a pro forma relationship. The only real demand made on your boyfriend is that he makes enough money to support you and has a place to live. The minium annual icome to sponsor a visa is somewhere around 230k NOK/year. Most people make that amount easily.

Basically the same rules that apply to a foreign spouse that wants to move to the us.  

Norway

Roy Helge Rasmussen