You are here:

Norway/Retirement benefits


I was a stipendiat (Norwegian Research Council, used to be NAVF) for a period of 5 years. I also taught at a yrkeskole for a period of 1 year, plus other summer jobs. I left Norway in 1996. I believe I qualify for the state pension. How do I apply for my retirement benefit?

You may be eligible for a small part pension. With 6 year working  you would have earned 6/40 parts of full pension for your particular income group. You will have to check with to see how much you will get.

If you can not log in there, and to claim yours, contact NAV  


All Answers

Ask Experts


Roy Helge Rasmussen


I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.


I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]