Norway/Take home monthly pay

Question
Hello Roy.

Myself and my husband are moving to Trondheim as I have a job offer there. My yearly salary will be around 378,708.53 NOK. I was hoping that you would be able to help me convert this into a monthly net amount.

Also, my husband is a trained business/systems analyst. DO you think that there will be good job opportunities for him in and around Trondheim?

Many thanks for your time.

Answer
Simple enough. Annual pay divide by 12 and deduct taxes.(more or less). Taxes in your case will be about 28%, or slightly less if your husband is not working.

378/12 - 28% = just over 22 000/ month

If you're both british, then there are always chances. But Trondheim isn't exactly the financial capital of norway. It is the heart of technological research, but not finance and big business. If you come from outside of the EU/US chances are slim and slimmer for a relevant job for your husband. But nothing is impossible. My advice is to take any job that offers itself the first few months.

Norway

Roy Helge Rasmussen