Norway/Am I eligible for Norwegian Pension

Hi, Roy:
I am a native Norwegian citizen that is 76 years old. I left Norway at age 22 and did not have work history in Norway. I was a student for several years before leaving. My friends think I may be
eligible for a Norwegian pension. It would really help if I am. Could you be of assistance to understand if I might be due any benefits from Norway. I a not a citizen of any other country. Your kind reply would be appreciated. Sincerely, Tordis

No, you have no pension claims in norway. Pension rights are earned by working and paying tax, when you didn't, you don't have any. You're supposed to earn your pension rights where you live and work.

Being a norwegian citizen however, you are entitled to come back and live here as you see fit, whenever you want. You will then again be a member of the norwegian health care system automatically, as soon as you start paying folketrygdavgift.

Ingen gratis penger her heller desverre.

Roy Helge Rasmussen

I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.

I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.