Which version is more politically correct? Norse or Norwegian? is there a difference on how these should be used?

Norse (norrøn) is the language spoken and written in all of scandinavia and partly in britain until AD1000 or so. Norwegian is the language of Norway.

Old norwegian developed from norse and was in use until AD 1200 or so.

Modern Norwegian has two writing norms. Bokmål, a written norm based on danish, and Nynorsk, a written norm based on west coast dialects. Bokmål is by far the most common.

Roy Helge Rasmussen

I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.

I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.