You are here:

Norway/Norwegian pension benefit


Dear Roy Helge Rasmussen:

Having lived, worked and paid taxes in Norway from 1973 to circa 1984, I kindly request any helpful information regarding the following questions:

1. Am I elegible for any benefits from Norway now that I am 65 years old?

2. I have misplaced my "personnummer" and wish to retrieve it. Do you know how I can arrange this?

Thank you for your valuable time.

Best regards.


Yes you are entitled to some benefits from norway. The best way to check is by visiting an log in there if you have your personnummer and other id information. But you do not, so you'll have to fix that first.

About your personnummer, you'll have to contact Folkeregisteret/skatteetaten (the national registry/tax agency) and ask them to help you. They will likely require som verification, but they are where you have to go to recover your personnummer and setting the correct current address for papers and payouts.

Just state your case and all information that can be helpful and ask them how you can get hold of your personnummer and national ID verification codes so that you can log on to public services to check what kind of pension rights you have and claim them.  


All Answers

Ask Experts


Roy Helge Rasmussen


I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.


I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.

©2017 All rights reserved.