Norway/Kjell as a middle name

I am in Seattle (Southern Calif born, mostly Seattle raised) and will be changing my middle name to more reflect my Swedish heritage. The name I've chosen is Kjell, which I've noticed is not used as a middle name for Swedish or Norwegian names. I'm curious as to why that is--why is Kjell always a first name, and never a middle name.

one syllable names work better in the start of a name when the common practice is to always use both names. Try it out: Roy Benjamin is easier than the opposite. The kj sound is also difficult to pronounce in the middle of a name. It is mainly a start sound.

So, the answer is: because it sounds better.

Roy Helge Rasmussen

I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.

I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.