Norway/norwegian pension

I worked and paid taxes in norway for approx 5 years will i be eligible for a pension

Yes, you have most likely earned a small amount of pension rights. About 5/40th of full pension, or thereabouts, depending on where you worked and if the workplace had a private pension on top of the public pension.

Best way to check is to go tho

and log in with your "personnummer" and the codes that the tax agency send you every year. But you most likely no longer receive tax return papers from Norway, so you'll have to contact folkeregisteret (the population registry)/ Tax agency at

Tell them your situation and they will help you regain your rights.

Roy Helge Rasmussen

I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.

I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.