Norway/Use of BSU for foreign mortgage

Dear Roy,

I will be turning 34 later this year. Im considering opening a BSU account, however I am not certain I will indeed contract a mortgage in Norway. My spouse has a mortgage in the netherlands. Could I use the BSU money once I reached the maximum age in order to pay off a Dutch mortgage?
If not, what happens if I choose later not to buy a house with that money? Can I get it back?

No trouble. You can use BSU savings for paying for any permanent residence of yours, even abroad. Your bank may require you to provide a paper saying that you the house/appartment is indeed your permanent residence, but after that there is no difference between a residence in norway and elsewhere.  

Roy Helge Rasmussen

I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.

I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.