Norway/Salary - IT sector

Hello Roy,

I did my Bachelors in Computer Science in India, I recently joined an IT consulting company in Olso as Junior consultant, I was initially given a contract for 3 months which was later extended by another 6 months. After 9 months, I was offered a permanent contract. The salary offered was 400000 NOK per year. The only experience I have is the 9 months that I have worked for this company. Is the salary offered is par? Or do I have any room for negotiation? Thanks for your time.

For a greenhorn, that is acceptable. Maybe on the low side, but with the current job market starter wages has been plummeting. Hard to tell what you should do, but since they are interested in having you on permanent basis I guess they put in a little wiggle room.  

Roy Helge Rasmussen

I live in the southern part of norway and can find my way around most of the country. I will answer questions about social life, culture, language and politics to the best of my knowledge. I am not so good at travel tips outside the south-eastern parts, although I will try to answer.

I live here and have been guiding members of my family around when they visit from abroad for years.