Nuclear Power/Blueprint error (pipe fitter)

If there is an error on a blueprint, who would you refer to if you are only an employee? Mechanical specifications, asme code, etc...?

Hi Rylan,

If I find an error on  a blueprint I would bring it to the attention of the people who is responsible in creating that design and making the drawing. It may be a simple mistake and they would be pleased to correct it. Sometimes there are reasons why they did what they did. Sometimes people are not that open and could take it as an insult if one criticizes them. Words fly by so if I were in your shoes I would put everything in written form and go through the official channels.  In some countries like US and mine (Turkey) whistle blowers are awarded to the fullest extend of grace that the company or government has in its store!  

Best regards

Nuclear Power

Osman Kemal Kadiroglu

Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear Engineering Education, Nuclear Reactors, Pebble Bed Modular Reactors, Engineering Education

Has been teaching Nuclear Engineering for more than 20 years and been in this field for more than 30 years

Organizations belong to
American Nuclear Society
Society of Nucelar Engineers of Turkey
Emeritus Prof. Nuclear Engineering Department, Hacettepe University Ankara Turkey

Extra-ordinary Prof. Nuclear Engineering Department, North-West Uni. Potchefstroom South Africa

(Mak. Y. Müh.) MS in Mech. Eng. Istanbul Technical University '68
MS in Nuclear Eng. MIT'72
Sc.D. in Nuclear Eng. MIT'76