Nuclear Power/Protective Barriers in nuclear power plants

In what part of a nuclear power plant is it important to have a protective barrier against oxygen, water, gases, oil or greases or other substances?

Thank you!

Well, oil and greases don't have a lot to do with a nuclear power plant, except maybe in the bearings of the steam turbines.  And steam turbines are pretty well understood by this point.  Since they typically operate at high pressures and use water as a coolant/working fluid, most nuclear reactors have a primary barrier in the core's containment vessel and piping that is (obviously) water tight.  Due to the pressure inside, things leaking in from outside aren't really as much of an issue as coolant loss.  I'm slightly confused by the collection of things you mention.  Any part of the power plant that operates at high temperature needs to be somewhat resistant to all of those tings.  That's why the codes for the steel in the piping, for example, are so strict.  I guess I would stick with saying that the primary coolant loop and reactor vessel are the most important, followed by the secondary coolant loop and turbine.

Nuclear Power

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I was at a branch of the University of Texas of the Permian Basin for seven years working on an advanced nuclear reactor. Generation IV nuclear reactors. Radiation safety. Nuclear fusion. Since moved into government nuclear work.

Drew the laboratory design for a Generation IV nuclear research reactor Doctoral research on stellar nuclear fusion reactions if your question is on fusion power.

Ph.D. in physics (nuclear physics), Duke University. Taught physics, radiation safety, and nuclear engineering courses at UTPB for 7 years before moving into government work.