Number Theory/Number plates for Mountain Bikes.

Dear Prof Scott

Do you suggest to have number plates for Mountain Bikes?.

This is applicable to both bicycle and tricycle.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Sorry about the delay, but I finally was able to get to this sight again.

I believe the main reason the tax cars and trucks is that they need to put a fee on something that is used that brings damage to the road.  Since bicycles and tricycles don't have enough weight to affect the wear and tear on the road, there should be no charge to them.

Now if people want to register them for safety, perhaps they could purchase a document that contains the make, model, type, and color of what they're riding.  Perhaps this is already taken care of by the bicycle companies when they sell expensive bikes, but I'm not sure.

Number Theory

Scott A Wilson

I can answer almost anything that is sent in. If I can't, I'll let you know, but I don't expect that to happen much.

I have known about number theory since the mid 80's. I have answered over 250 questions on Number Theory with this software. Altogether, I have answered over 8,500 questions in mathematics.

You're looking at it ... I've answered over 8,500 quesitons in mathematics right here.

My credentials are an MS in Mathematics at Oregon State in 1986; I received a BS in Mathematics at the same place in 1984.

I graduated with honors in Mathematics when getting my BS degree and my MS degree.

I have assisted many students in mathematics at OSU. Perhaps I have assisted one of you're friends in math on a computer somewhere else, but you don't even know... That would be late last night, perhaps with thousands of miles between us ... Then again, if you're in Washington, so am I ...