Number Theory/Per Year Per $1000 & Per $1000 Per Year

What is the difference between 1. and 2.?

1. A life insurance policy for $7000 at $35.69 per year per $1000

2. A life insurance policy for $9000 at the rate of $17.65 per $1000 per year

What I am confused by is the per year per $1000 in 1. and the per $1000 per year in 2. As seen in these two examples. Why use per year per $1000 in 1. and per $1000 per year in 2.?

I thank you for your reply.

Hello Kenneth
That is purely the choice of the insurance company.  Both will work out to the same figure.  The order of multiplication would be expected to be different, but as multiplication is commutative, the same answer will be obtained for the total to be paid.
Best wishes

Number Theory

Most questions on number theory, divisibility, primes, Euclidean algorithm, Fermat`s theorem, Wilson`s theorem, factorisation, euclidean algorithm, diophantine equations, Chinese remainder theorem, group theory, congruences, continued fractions.

Teacher of math for 53 years

AQA Doncaster Bridge Club Danum Strings Orchestra Doncaster Conservative Club Danum Strings Orchestra Simply Voices Choir Doncaster TNS mystery shopping St Paul's Music Group Cantley

Journal of mathematics and its applications M500 magazine

BSc (Hons) Liverpool (Science). BA (Hons) OU (Mathematics)

State Scholarship 1955 Highest Score in Yorkshire on OU course MST209 50 prize First class honours in OU BA Mathematics

I taught John Birt, former Director of the BBC in 1961. His homework book was the most perfect I have ever marked. And also the most neat. I could tell he was destined for great things. One of my classmates was the poet Roger McGough, and I have a mention in his autobiography.