Number Theory/Plotting graphs in 2nd,3rd & 4th quadrant.

Dear Prof Vijilant

Can there be examples of plotting line graphs, bargraphs in 2nd,3rd & 4th quadrant of coordinate system?

Hello Prashant
Clearly, a straight line graph cannot be in all four quadrants, but a graph of Fahrenheit against Celsius is in 1st,2nd and 3rd.
A bar graph showing the profits or losses of a firm in successive years can be in all four quadrants if for example, the current year is in the 1st or 4th quadrants.  Years before 2016 will be in 2nd or 3rd.
Best wishes

Number Theory

Most questions on number theory, divisibility, primes, Euclidean algorithm, Fermat`s theorem, Wilson`s theorem, factorisation, euclidean algorithm, diophantine equations, Chinese remainder theorem, group theory, congruences, continued fractions.

Teacher of math for 53 years

AQA Doncaster Bridge Club Danum Strings Orchestra Doncaster Conservative Club Danum Strings Orchestra Simply Voices Choir Doncaster TNS mystery shopping St Paul's Music Group Cantley

Journal of mathematics and its applications M500 magazine

BSc (Hons) Liverpool (Science). BA (Hons) OU (Mathematics)

State Scholarship 1955 Highest Score in Yorkshire on OU course MST209 50 prize First class honours in OU BA Mathematics

I taught John Birt, former Director of the BBC in 1961. His homework book was the most perfect I have ever marked. And also the most neat. I could tell he was destined for great things. One of my classmates was the poet Roger McGough, and I have a mention in his autobiography.