Nutrition & Dieting/Eating to be healthier

Hi, I am writing an article for one of my classes about how people can eat healthier to gain a healthier lifestyle and not how they have to suppress themselves from certain foods. So I was wondering if you could give me some general tips for someone who wants to eat healthier and how they could incorporate that in their meals. Maybe some initial steps to take to eat better or guidelines.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Samantha.

Here are the official government recommendations and ideas for people to eat healthier without focusing on giving up certain foods.

Each of these sites has suggestions and more details so you can pick tools, tips and ideas as you wish.
Let me know if you have any specific questions :)

Nutrition & Dieting

Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD

As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.

I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.