Nutrition & Dieting/Sprinting

Hi I'm trying lose some body fat and I just started sprinting which I would like to do in the mornings.  My question is do I eat before I do morning sprints or on a empty stomach?

There's science that supports both concepts... one report says that exercising on an empty stomach in the morning promotes fat burning because your body is forced to burn fat because it has no carbohydrate reserve. Another study supports carb-loading before a workout to FUEL your exercise and you'll get more gains that way.

I say BOTH ARE FINE. Do whichever you feel like that morning. If you feel the need to eat, then EAT. If you feel great and want to workout on an empty stomach... then go for it.

OR... do a little bit of both. Have a small bit of carb (like half a bagel) to stop the hunger pangs and give you a little bit of fuel, and then have a larger breakfast after.

90% of fitness is LISTENING TO YOUR BODY.

Nutrition & Dieting

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions from those who are overweight and want to learn how to lose weight through proper diet and exercise. I spent a year of my life studying weight loss and brought myself from 340 pounds down to a healthy 185 pounds the RIGHT way: no fad diets, pills, or crazy machines - just healthy eating and some moderate exercise. I'm happy to share my knowledge with you. I also have my own web site at

My knowledge is all practical, life experience. I spent over a year reading dozens of books, online literature, magazines, and lots of other sources. I've studied nutrition, weight-lifting, bodybuilding, exercise science, and many other fitness-related fields.

I have no formal education in fitness or nutrition. But, then again, I am a computer programmer and trainer with no formal education in my field either. I'm completely self-taught in everything I do. However, I can give you plenty of tips and pointers on how to safely lose weight.