Nutrition & Dieting/Validation of kindergartens menu

Question
Page 9
Page 9  
Page 8
Page 8  
QUESTION: Hi Lawrence. Thank you.

I would like you to look at this another menu. I need to confirm the menu with you before proceed it in my kindergartens. TQ Lawrence.

ANSWER: Maziah

I reviewed the menu's you have sent me and page 8 is fine. As for menu 9 I would add a piece of fruit to lines 5 and 6. Line 2 and 4 are questionable they maybe good depending on how natural the cakes are made. If they are prepared with fresh fruits and vegetables then they would be adequate. The menu you have designed is mostly nutritious and will properly serve the purpose you have intended for them.

Good luck with them

Lawrence

Page 5
Page 5  
Page 11
Page 11  
QUESTION: Hi Lawrence.
Thank youso much for the advise and suggestion.
This also another menu for lunch and afternoon tea.
I hope you give some comments and suggestions about it.
Thank you in advance.

Maziah

ANSWER: Maziah

Both menu's are good, You want to try and keep the snack or afternoon tea lower in calories,My suggestion is using skim milk or other low fat milk such as Almond milk or soy milk for those children who do not have any  peanut or other nut type allergy. Also the fried banana might be substituted by a baked or uncooked one. The Doughnut might be baked instead of fried, to reduce some of the fat and calories, but if you do decide to go with fried make sure to use an oil that is not hydrogenated and has zero Trans fat.

Good luck and thanks for writting

Lawrence

Page 6
Page 6  

Page 7
Page 7  
QUESTION: Thank you so much Lawrence
Here is some others menu.
I hope you can give some advise from the menu.

Maziah

Answer

Maziah

I checked out your menu's on page 6 & 7 they are correctly put together. I am not an advocate of any fried foods but even with the fried food they still work. The essentials are there and the foods meet the caloric and nutritional components required for health and growth.

Thanks

Lawrence

Nutrition & Dieting

Lawrence Sanchez CSN, CPFC, RI, PT, TBMI