Nutrition & Dieting/Hunger and Sugar

My question was on hunger and sugar cravings which seem to coincide for me. I have had no history of any health problems. I do notice when I have not eaten for a while for whatever reason or I am hungry, I will not crave food but just candy or chocolate. I am wondering if this is just something that is occurring because I have not eaten anything in a while, or if there is a possibility it may be pointing to something else.

Thank you

Of course, there could be a number of reason for those specific cravings. However, having not received nutrients to the point of being hungry leaves your body needing glucose for the brain, nervous system, energy, and muscles. The fastest way to get that glucose is sugar. This is why experts recommend ensuring several meals spread throughout the day. This way, not only do you stave off hunger, but your body will get all of the fuel it needs on a consistent and continual way. Consider Finding healthy snacks such as raw vegetables, nuts, or seeds that you can carry in a snack pack to snack on between regular meals.

Nutrition & Dieting

Laura Ray, BS Nutrition, Certified Wellness Coach

Please only individuals over the age of 18 years. I have no expertise in adolescent nutrition. Also, this is not a forum in which I am able to create an individual or general diet plan. I will answer general questions. I can answer directly to questions regarding the use of nutrition and exercise to weight loss in women particularly as it relates to the following: yo-yo dieting, lifestyle change, hormonal changes, menopause, perimenopause, metabolic disorders, age related fat accumulation, HCG dieting, Dr. Simeon, nutritional changes geared toward health, coaching as it relates to weight loss, finding affordable nutrition plans, why diets do not work, and complete wellness programs.

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition, am certified in Wellness Coaching by Wellcoaches, and live what I teach.

Bachelor of Science Nutrition, Certified in Wellness Coaching