Nutrition & Dieting/body ph and food

I have trouble with bacteria vaginosis. I have read that eating certain foods will help keep your body's ph normal to where you won't have that many issues with bv. Any advice on how to get my body back to a normal ph level instead of an acidic level?

Hi Georgia,

The best way to maintain an alkaline pH is to eat alkaline foods and cut limit or reduce acidic foods. For example, alkaline foods are leafy greens and other vegetables, fruit like berries and citrus, beans, etc. Some acidic foods include animal products like dairy and red meat, caffeine, sugar, soda, white bread, pasta, rice, etc caffeine and alcohol. Drinking lots of water and also incorporating apple cider vinegar into your daily routine can also help maintain a balanced pH. You can purchase pH strips at a health food store and easily test your pH levels at home. Just follow the instructions on the box.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Marissa Vicario

I can answer questions pertaining to general nutrition and nutrition for disease prevention, weight loss, general wellness, digestion and food and cooking

I received my nutrition training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, the worldís largest nutrition school, where I studied every dietary theory from traditional philosophies like Ayurveda to modern concepts like Paleo. Iíve studied with and been inspired by wellness and nutrition greats like Mark Hyman, Joel Fuhrman, John Douillard, Deepak Chopra, Geneen Roth, Mark Sisson, David Wolfe,Kris Carr and Candice Kumai. I've been teaching, writing and speaking about nutrition and wellness for five years as a certified holistic health coach. Iím certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) and have a BS from Northwestern University and an MA from New York University. Iíve taken cooking classes at the Natural Gourmet Institute and have a certificate from the University of California San Francisco in Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.

American Association of Drugless Practitioners

Mind Body Green, Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Life, Complete Nutrition,, The Well Daily and

Certified Nutrition Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Masters degree from NYU and bachelors degree from Northwestern University

Top 100 Health Coach Blogs: The Institute for the Psychology of Eating

Women ages 25-45