Nutrition & Dieting/Fat Loss, weak knees

Dear Laurie

My age is 25 years. I've a lot of midsection fat i.e. fat around the waist and also have weak knees...... I tried doing jumping, moderate walking but due to somewhat weak knees, had to leave these exercises.

Please suggest some way to reduce fat. If you suggest exercises, then please suggest those that don't involve knees or have very low impact on knees.

Hello usman,
The way to reduce body fat is to eat fewer calories than you burn.
You may choose to exercise, and it can be whatever you like....swimming, walking, rowing, biking, or dancing!
Consider finding ways to reduce calories, because this is a faster way to lose weight. Look first to "junk foods"; those with lots of calories but little nutrition. Things like cakes, cookies, calorie-containing beverages, candies, etc. can you eat less of these? smaller amounts? Enjoy them fewer times a day or week?

Don't give up if the weight comes off slowly! If you keep doing what you're doing now you may end up gaining as you age. Healthy habits are the best way to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of your life.

Good luck

Nutrition & Dieting

Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD

As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.

I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.