Nutrition & Dieting/Salad

I just recently started eating salad and I was wondering, how many salads per day is healthy? I ask because I'm thinking of having two tomorrow, one for lunch and one for dinner.

Hi Laura,

You can eat as many salads as you'd like throughout the day. I typically recommend between between as many as 12 cups of veggies per day so salads are a great way to get those vegetables in, especially the leafy greens. The only caution about salads is to make sure you focus on vegetables and lean proteins. Add some healthy fats like avocado and nuts/seeds and limit the add-ons like cheese, salad dressings with added sugar and preservatives and other empty calories like croutons. Enjoy!

Nutrition & Dieting

Marissa Vicario

I can answer questions pertaining to general nutrition and nutrition for disease prevention, weight loss, general wellness, digestion and food and cooking

I received my nutrition training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, the worldís largest nutrition school, where I studied every dietary theory from traditional philosophies like Ayurveda to modern concepts like Paleo. Iíve studied with and been inspired by wellness and nutrition greats like Mark Hyman, Joel Fuhrman, John Douillard, Deepak Chopra, Geneen Roth, Mark Sisson, David Wolfe,Kris Carr and Candice Kumai. I've been teaching, writing and speaking about nutrition and wellness for five years as a certified holistic health coach. Iím certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) and have a BS from Northwestern University and an MA from New York University. Iíve taken cooking classes at the Natural Gourmet Institute and have a certificate from the University of California San Francisco in Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.

American Association of Drugless Practitioners

Mind Body Green, Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Life, Complete Nutrition,, The Well Daily and

Certified Nutrition Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Masters degree from NYU and bachelors degree from Northwestern University

Top 100 Health Coach Blogs: The Institute for the Psychology of Eating

Women ages 25-45