Nutrition & Dieting/Weight Issue.

Question
Hi Sir, I am a 22 year old boy, very much active and sports loving person.  My eating habits are also normal..but my body tends to gain weight all the time...even when I try to cut down on my diet I still gain weight and I have developed a slight tummy as well...my current weight is 79 kgs and my height is 5'9..

Answer
Hi Shifaaz,

I hope I can help you today with your question. Please take a look at a few of my points:

. Ensure you are drinking enough water. To burn calories your body needs a good supply of water. Make sure your fluids come from water, water with fresh lemon or grapefruit and green tea. If you want to sweeten your drinks use a small amount of honey. Honey is the best and healthiest natural sweetener. Try to keep away from sugar and sweeteners. Your liver plays a vital part in the process of burning fat and if your liver is busy trying to cope with unnatural sweeteners then it can't work at its full potential. Try to drink 2-3 litres of liquid per day.

. When choosing foods make sure you choose smartly. Your meals should be made of carbs, protein and vegetables. The carbs should come from brown rice (if not them white), sweet potato and oats. For weight loss you should try and avoid normal potatoes and pasta like products. Protein should come from lean beef, chicken and turkey breast and fish. You can also get protein from beans. Your vegetables should be dark leafy greens. Spinach, broccoli and kale are among the favorites for weight loss as well as lean muscle gain. Meal portions should be around 1 and a half the size of your fist. This would work on a 5 meal a day basis but if time prevents you from doing so then stick to 3 normal size meals. You can cook a big batch 2 times a week and store you food in containers so all you need to do is pop them in the microwave and 'ding' there you have it.

. If your very active in sports already then all I would advise is that you do 10-15 minutes intensive cardiovascular workouts, 3 times a week. There's a good youtube channel that has some short workouts you can try. Insane home fat loss, and six pack shortcuts.

I hope this helps :)

Regards

Ian
www.facebook.com/muzzafitness

Nutrition & Dieting

Muzza-Fitness