Nutrition & Dieting/Weight loss and hair loss

Question
Hi i want to lose about 20 pounds but i heard this can cause hair loss like telogen effluvium. i am currently regrowing hair back from that. i want to lose weight the correct way by the correct way with enough protein and calories. does all hair fall out after drastic weight loss? how can i prevent this?

Answer
Hi Ali,

I am happy to help you today. Firstly I would like to recommend a few nutritional tips:

. Ensure you are drinking enough water. To burn calories your body needs a good supply of water. Make sure your fluids come from water, water with fresh lemon or grapefruit and green tea. If you want to sweeten your drinks use a small amount of honey. Honey is the best and healthiest natural sweetener. Try to keep away from sugar and sweeteners. Your liver plays a vital part in the process of burning fat and if your liver is busy trying to cope with unnatural sweeteners then it can't work at its full potential. Try to drink 2-3 litres of liquid per day.

. When choosing foods make sure you choose smartly. Your meals should be made of carbs, protein and vegetables. The carbs should come from brown rice (if not them white), sweet potato and oats. For weight loss you should try and avoid normal potatoes and pasta like products. Protein should come from lean beef, chicken and turkey breast and fish. You can also get protein from beans. Your vegetables should be dark leafy greens. Spinach, broccoli and kale are among the favorites for weight loss as well as lean muscle gain. Meal portions should be around 1 and a half the size of your fist. This would work on a 5 meal a day basis but if time prevents you from doing so then stick to 3 normal size meals. You can cook a big batch 2 times a week and store you food in containers so all you need to do is pop them in the microwave and 'ding' there you have it.

If you combine this with a good training program you will lose weight naturally, safely and shouldn't see hair loss. I've had many clients worried about hair loss and they were relieved when they reached their goals without the hair loss they dreaded.
You can also check out www.bodybuilding.com/guides for various great training programs for FREE.

Also check of my facebook page:
www.facebook.com/muzzafitness

Regards

Ian

Nutrition & Dieting

Muzza-Fitness