Nutrition & Dieting/hi

Hello, just wanted to know about a fruitarian diet if people say that fruits has to much sugar and carbs and it could make you fat then why are fruitarians so skinny if the only thing they eat are fruits?

As my profile says, I'm not a nutritionist. I can only help you to lose weight. However, in my extensive research, I've never found anything wrong with eating fruit. Sure, they have carbs and sugar in them, but they're healthy sugars. It's hard to get enough protein and healthy fat when you eat JUST fruits, but I'm sure you could live on them and be OK. I recommend a balanced diet of protein, fat, and carbs. I never recommend eating just one food (or food type). People who claim that you should only eat all protein (like the Adkins diet) or only carbs are generally just preaching gimmicks.

Nutrition & Dieting

Richard Rost

I am happy to answer any questions from those who are overweight and want to learn how to lose weight through proper diet and exercise. I spent a year of my life studying weight loss and brought myself from 340 pounds down to a healthy 185 pounds the RIGHT way: no fad diets, pills, or crazy machines - just healthy eating and some moderate exercise. I'm happy to share my knowledge with you. I also have my own web site at

My knowledge is all practical, life experience. I spent over a year reading dozens of books, online literature, magazines, and lots of other sources. I've studied nutrition, weight-lifting, bodybuilding, exercise science, and many other fitness-related fields.

I have no formal education in fitness or nutrition. But, then again, I am a computer programmer and trainer with no formal education in my field either. I'm completely self-taught in everything I do. However, I can give you plenty of tips and pointers on how to safely lose weight.