Nutrition & Dieting/campbell's chunky soups

Hello, Tim Santoro

I started buying Campbell's Chunky soups (the canned ones) to
take for lunch at the company where I work for (it saves me money and time).

After a week consuming it I noticed that my lips chapped (become dry) and thought that it might have been caused because of the high sodium content, which may have caused dryness on my lips.

Would you recommend Campbell's Chuncky canned soups for daily consumption? is it safe?
Do you think it could have caused my lips to become chapped?

Thank you

Hi Jake,
The sodium might have something to do with it. The problem with canned soups and a lot of packaged food is that it is often loaded with sodium (and other preservatives) to preserve shelf life. That's why soup is usually used in shelters and food banks because it lasts a long time.

Convenience aside I wouldn't recommend eating that everyday. It won't necessarily hurt you but isn't totally healthy.
A better option would actually be deli turkey on 2 slices whole wheat bread.
When and if you buy turkey, or even ham (though turkey is a better option healthwise) opt for brands like Boars Head that are more natural and not loaded with fillers.
You can even taste the difference.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.