Nutrition & Dieting/Keeping green tea capsules effective

QUESTION: I read that the benefits of taking green tea can stop in weight loss because your body get use to it. I had the information and now I cannot find it that told you how to take green tea capsules to keep it working for me.

It was something like, take green tea capsules for 2 weeks and get off for 3 days and then get back on it for 2 weeks and off 3 days. Just follow a schedule like that and I should be able to get the complete benefit of green tea weight loss benefit.

I cannot remember exactly what the procedure was. If you can tell me what the procedure is, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER: Hi Sallie, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I am also a filmmaker and have been going crazy casting a movie.

But back to the subject here. There are a lot of supplements you should cycle, green tea extract isn't necessarily one.
The reason you cycle supplements can vary, one major reason includes not over burdening the body and endocrine system.
However green tea extract is one of the safest and most proven supplements out there.

I recommend taking it 2-3 times a day, preferably 30 minutes before a meal.
Make sure what you buy is pure green tea extract and not some fancy weight loss blend of stuff.
Look for a polyphenol content of 90-95% and an EGCG content of 45%. The usual dosage is 500mg.

Hope this helps you out. By the way, you can brew and drink green tea as well, however supplement form is a better way to get it if you can.

QUESTION: Thanks for your response.

Can you tell some of the supplements you should cycle or where I can find that information?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sallie,

In reality there aren't any supplements that need to be cycled.
Certain things like testosterone boosters may contain ingredients that the manufacturers suggest you cycle, but it is not really always necessary. And you wouldn't be using a test booster anyway.

The majority of supplements though are safe to use on a continual basis.
Things like protein, herbs, vitamins, etc. are all found in nature. They are not like man made prescription drugs that have chemical reactions within the body.

However a reason you might cycle some supplements is financial. Perhaps you can't always afford to buy your usual regimen. If you can though, you're ahead of the game.
Stuff I recommend be used on a consistent basis are multivitamins, fish oil, and things like joint supplements that affect your quality of life.
And as a final note on vitamins, I hear lots of people say they take C, and a B-complex and iron, and this and that. Buy one complete multi vitamin/mineral and call it a day. There is no need to buy each vitamin/mineral separate. The one exception being calcium that should be taken by itself as it tends to inhibit the absorption of other nutrients.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.