Nutrition & Dieting/Make your own liquid multi vitamin from scratch.

Hello Mr. Santoro:

Firstable thank you for taking the time to read this question and possibly answering it.

I want to basically copy an anti-hangover drink which has helped me immensely to prevent hangovers. I want to make my own because the one I buy is expensive and I do wish to make some minor modifications to the formula. All the components are natural supplements such as Water, Vitamin B6, B12, C, Milk Thistle, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Calcium, Chromium, Copper, Taurine, etc.

I want to know if it is as simple as getting the individual vitamins and mixing them together in a drink. Will I get the same results?
Is it safe?
Can I get liquid vitamins instead of dry vitamins so mixing is not a problem?

Thank you so much in advance,

Hi Alex,

As far as making that mixture you can absolutely make that. Each of those ingredients are available separately. However there are some draw backs to doing this.

1. Cost. It can often cost more to buy each separately. The range in cost of each of those is $4.00 to $12.00, estimated. By the time you buy all of those you are looking at spending probably $30-$40 or more when you can buy a multivitamin for the same amount.

2. Taste- In pill form this is not a problem. But some liquid vitamins, aminos and minerals can have a pretty strong or bitter taste.

3. Difficulty. Instead of taking 1 or two pills a day you are looking at taking 10 or more. Not necessarily fun.

Like I said you can get some of those in liquid, but more than likely pill form.

If you are looking for general health I suggest a quality multivitamin.

But if you are looking for a handover cure, that's different. Please note that I don't drink and I'm not endorsing this as an excuse to do so. Not trying to be self righteous, I just want to stay true to promoting good fitness and nutrition here.
But a helpful thing for hang over is a banana, honey, black coffee and an aspirin.
I've never needed this but each ingredient has benefits to help with too much drinking.

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.