Nutrition & Dieting/vitamin supplement

Dear Sir,
         Im 44 good health,non veg.My height is 167.5 cm and weight is always lying 54 to 58.I should have 62. I m exercising 3 times a week 2 hr session.Im eating well only good there any deficiencies there in my body? how to find? my zn is slightly above normal and iron iron level is low norml .my FERRITIN is  48.15 ng/ml (reference range is Males : 30 - 400 ng/ml). ZINC : 71.6 Microgm/dl (reference range is 70 - 150 Microgm/dl).can i take any vit and mineral supplement? how to select best one.somebody said eating multivit syrub not good for grey hair increased within 3 years .never i felt tiredness in body.

Hi Kumar,

As I am not a doctor I won't be able to say if your lab levels are good or bad.
However as far as a multi vitamin I always recommend one for a variety of reasons.
Few people can eat enough whole foods to get the adequate amount of vitamins and minerals we need. The reasons range from environmental, genetic, and the quality of food. I'm not sure about India but in America the fruits and vegetables we eat are depleted of enough nutrients due to early harvesting and soil depletion.
Also if you workout  your body requires higher amounts of vitamins.

So defiantly take a multivitamin. Look for one without iron unless your doctor recommends you take in more iron.

When buying one look for a supplement that is best for you. They vary with age and activity level. The ones you buy at your local pharmacy or grocery store are fine for a basic supplement. You can also buy more powerful supplements at health food and nutrition stores or online at sites like
This is a great multi vitamin

Most vitamins will require you to take one or two pills per day. Always take them with meals that include fat as vitamins A, D, E and K are all fat soluble meaning they need fat for the body to properly utilize them.

The best way to do it is to take it with breakfast.

The only thing to be careful of is if you have blood clotting issues or are on a blood thinning medication you should avoid vitamin K.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.