Nutrition & Dieting/Weight Loss and Proper Dieting

Question
Hi , Ive had an issue with my body shape and I know it cannot be changed but I want to alter it a bit. I have a pear shape body , and whilst my upper body is great! my body beneath my waist is exaggerated, my hips have a triangular shape to them and I am a size 10 pants , and sm/med size shirt I also weight 154 and am 5'9 FT. Im am looking to get a workout DVD and diet to follow that can work with my lifestyle. I live in an apartment so nothing that requires loads of noise, I am hispanic so when cooking there is a consumption of various seasonings and salts whilst having oil used. I tried the vegetarian diet and ran track and did not see ANY results. This went on for about 5 months. Please help!

Answer
Keyla, you are within 10 pounds of a normal weight for your height, and yes you cannot change your body type. As you lose weight below your waist, above the waist will also lose weight, so your top will get smaller. If that is OK, then I advise you to walk 30-45 minutes everyday and just watch your carbohydrate intake. Stay away from bagels, macaroni, pasta, rice, excess bread, sugar drinks, candy, cookies, and crackers. Focus on lean meats, chicken, fish, eggs and try to have a serving at every meal. Eat fruits, vegetables, healthy fats like those in salad oils and two servings of a whole grain bread every day. Your diet should also contain 3 servings of dairy like low fat yogurt or skim milk. It's a lot of food in a day, and when you space it out, your body will burn calories efficiently and the walking will firm your legs. Hope that helps, Laura Kraemer,Slimkids.com

Nutrition & Dieting

L. Kraemer