Nutrition & Dieting/What's best.

Hello! My name is Maggie, I'm fifteen and I go to the gym about 5 days a week. Along with Bly fat, I really want to slim up my arms and thighs. I was wondering what would be best, Doing more cardio or lifting weights and focusing more on strengthen. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hi Maggie,
The best thing would be a combination of 3 things.

1. Eating clean. Avoid processed carbs from stuff like white flour and sugar. Try to stay away from fast food and a lot of packaged foods that contain fillers and modified fats.
Read ingredient labels. Anything ending in OSE is a sugar and anything with the word HYDROGINTED is a trans fat or modified fat.

2. Cardio- try to do some type aerobic exercise at least 4 times a week. This can be anything from running, biking, playing sports, etc.

3. Resistance training- Now this is the real answer to your concerns. You can't target any one area to lose fat. However by building and toning the muscle in that area you can help it appear more lean. You often hear older women complain about their arms, well this can be solved by working the bicep and triceps muscles.
You're still young so take it easy but you can do some form of resistance training 3 days a week for 30 minutes per session. Utilize a light weight, something that allows you to do 10-12 reps. Reps are the number of time you complete a movement. Then try to do 2 or 3 sets. A set is your combined reps. So 3 sets of 10 reps each.
If you don't have access to weights or a gym you can use everyday objects or bodyweight.
For your arms focus on bicep curls
Triceps extensions

For thighs so good exercises are leg extensions, leg curls and squats.

If you need help figuring out any of these let me know.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.