Nutrition & Dieting/nutrition


Hey i am 21 years old do what kind of foods do i need to eat to improve my height b/c i am very short say something on it,don't forget i live in Ethiopia....

Dear Selamu,

Unfortunately, at your age it's likely your bones are as long as they are going to get, meaning your height is going to remain whatever it is now.
There is a chance high-calcium foods could help lengthen the bone ends for another year, which can be found in milk (desired intake of up to 4 cups a day) and/or leafy green vegetables.

Nutrition & Dieting

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD


As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.


I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.

©2017 All rights reserved.