Nutrition & Dieting/Vitamins

Question
Hi there! Just wondering, what are some brands of vitamins that are good to take? I am 29 years old going on 30 years old. I do take Nature's Bounty for calcium and vit D. I know there is a concern how much your body is actually taking in or of it's enough.

Answer
Hi Kelly,

It is my opinion that everyone should take a multi vitamin supplement.
There are a lot of factors as to why your body may need the supplemental vitamins that include
1. Poor nutrition
2. Environmental
3. Metabolism
4. Food and harvesting quality
5. Activity level
6. Medication or alcohol use

The point is it is hard to get in an adequate intake of vitamins and minerals just from food sources.
you really can't go wrong with any of the major brands you see in a retail or health food store.
Stores like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe sell store brands that often have higher dosages for a variety of reasons.
If you can afford it try one of the GNC women's multivitamins (don't let them try to up sell you)
Or this is another good one http://www.prosource.net/product_details.aspx?item_guid=A131D3A5-3EDF-48B6-ABFD-

Otherwise you're still ok buying any of the brands you'd see at Wal Mart or in the grocery store. Brands like Centrum and One A Day. You can even buy the store brand version.
And I think Nature' Bounty sells a multi as well. Another good brand is called Now. You can't miss them, they have an orange label.

Just be sure you take your vitamin with food as vitamins A D E and K require fat to be utilized in the body.

Also check out my article on vitamins http://bestfitnessnow.com/2011/04/vitamins-brought-to-you-by-the-letter/

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro