Nutrition & Dieting/How much should I weigh?

Hi! :) I think it's probably because of BDD but I am partly obsessed with the idea of going to 100 pounds. I'm 5'0, so I feel like I can't gain a lot. I am going 29 onto 30 next January, is 100 pounds too low for a 30 year old? I do use BMI calculators and some people say they're not accurate, I understand depending on how your bones are, how much muscles you have, etc. I weigh 105 right now.

Hi Kelly, it is hard to say what you should weigh because there are a lot of factors.
But why are you so fixated on 100 pounds?
I am not a fan of BMI because there are too many variables. For my height the BMI says I should weigh 120. If I weighed 120 I'd look like a Halloween decoration if you  get what I'm saying.

Do this. Avoid the scale and BMI and all that stuff and look in a mirror. Judge your body composition from that perspective. Take all the numbers out of it and do it by sight.
Are you ok with what you see? Do you really think you can or should lose that 5 pounds. Believe it or not 5 pounds is a lot especially at your size.
This is a huge assumption and I could be very right or completely wrong but 105 sounds like a decent enough weight, even maybe on the lower end.

Also how is your metabolism? What do you eat and how often? Do you work out?

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.