Nutrition & Dieting/Weight loss

I'm 19, 5'8.5 and 135 lbs. I exercise 6-8 times a week (D1 athlete) and I desperately want to lose ten pounds but I'm struggling to take off the weight. Any suggestions? I'm not eating too much or too little either, so that is not a problem. Thanks.

Hi Molly,
My thought would be that your body is trying very hard not to let you lose any weight. If you are exercising daily and eating the right amount, your body is in perfect balance. The ideal weight for your height is in a range of 130-155 and you might just be exactly where you should be!

If you find yourself preoccupied with weight loss for the major part of each day, consider speaking with a counselor who specializes in eating disorders and body image, who can get you back on track.

Nutrition & Dieting

Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD

As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.

I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.