Nutrition & Dieting/Boosting weight loss

Hello. I am looking for some advice/suggestions to boost my weight loss. I have already made changes to my activity level and food intake. I will list those changes below. Also, I am a 30 year old male if that helps.

Exercise: I do strength training 3 days a week (resistance bands, lifting weights, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc.). I also do cardio 5-6 days a week (walk a mile in the morning and play basketball later in the day).

Diet: I am limiting my calorie intake to 1,500 a day. I have cut out soda, fast food, etc.

Also, it was recommended by a "fitness expert" that I drink 16 oz. of water before each meal. The claim was that this will help me to eat less, increase metabolism, and influence my body to hold less water weight. Is there any truth to this?

With all that said, is there anything you would recommend or suggest to help me further boost my weight loss?

Thank you.

Without knowing your current weight, the types of food you're eating and weight loss goals, this question cannot be answered properly. Pertaining to water, staying properly throughout the day can control appetite and decrease cravings. It is better for digestion to drink water before and after meals rather than during meals.  

Nutrition & Dieting

Marissa Vicario

I can answer questions pertaining to general nutrition and nutrition for disease prevention, weight loss, general wellness, digestion and food and cooking

I received my nutrition training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, the worldís largest nutrition school, where I studied every dietary theory from traditional philosophies like Ayurveda to modern concepts like Paleo. Iíve studied with and been inspired by wellness and nutrition greats like Mark Hyman, Joel Fuhrman, John Douillard, Deepak Chopra, Geneen Roth, Mark Sisson, David Wolfe,Kris Carr and Candice Kumai. I've been teaching, writing and speaking about nutrition and wellness for five years as a certified holistic health coach. Iím certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) and have a BS from Northwestern University and an MA from New York University. Iíve taken cooking classes at the Natural Gourmet Institute and have a certificate from the University of California San Francisco in Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.

American Association of Drugless Practitioners

Mind Body Green, Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Life, Complete Nutrition,, The Well Daily and

Certified Nutrition Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Masters degree from NYU and bachelors degree from Northwestern University

Top 100 Health Coach Blogs: The Institute for the Psychology of Eating

Women ages 25-45