Nutrition & Dieting/cocoa to improve memory

Question
I sawon CNN a program whereby a Dr James Pickett explained that a first test with people of average 74 years old showed that if they drink twice a day a cup of chocolate milk..their memory improves.

Here in Thailand we have 100% pure "Dutch" cocoa powder and on the box they prescribe as follows :
a) Hot cocoa drink / 1 teaspoon cocoa /1 tablespoon sweet condensed milk /120ml boiling water
or
b)Cold cocoa drink / two teaspoons cocoa / two tablespoons sweet condensed milk / ice cubes / freh milk

I am not in favor of sweet condensed milk because of the sugar / my wife told me that her 84 year old mother takes every morning one cup cocoa powder with hot fresh milk : is that acceptable or even better than a) and  B ?

Answer
Hi Ferdinand,

In regard to your concern, anyway you choose to prepare it should be fine, even with water.
There are numerous benefits to pure cocoa.
Just remember that even plain milk contains sugar in the form of lactose. This sugar is naturally occurring and fine in small amounts, assuming you have no digestion issues.

So give it a try with the milk, or like I said even water. You can add in some cinnamon too. Cinnamon has great health benefits including regulating blood sugar levels

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro