Nutrition & Dieting/cocoa to improve memory

I sawon CNN a program whereby a Dr James Pickett explained that a first test with people of average 74 years old showed that if they drink twice a day a cup of chocolate milk..their memory improves.

Here in Thailand we have 100% pure "Dutch" cocoa powder and on the box they prescribe as follows :
a) Hot cocoa drink / 1 teaspoon cocoa /1 tablespoon sweet condensed milk /120ml boiling water
b)Cold cocoa drink / two teaspoons cocoa / two tablespoons sweet condensed milk / ice cubes / freh milk

I am not in favor of sweet condensed milk because of the sugar / my wife told me that her 84 year old mother takes every morning one cup cocoa powder with hot fresh milk : is that acceptable or even better than a) and  B ?

Hi Ferdinand,

In regard to your concern, anyway you choose to prepare it should be fine, even with water.
There are numerous benefits to pure cocoa.
Just remember that even plain milk contains sugar in the form of lactose. This sugar is naturally occurring and fine in small amounts, assuming you have no digestion issues.

So give it a try with the milk, or like I said even water. You can add in some cinnamon too. Cinnamon has great health benefits including regulating blood sugar levels

Nutrition & Dieting

Tim Santoro

I can answer questions regarding the following. Confusion about basic nutrition, explain how to improve diet, when and how to eat better, eating for weight loss, eating for health, eating for fitness. I will answer questions about nutritional and workout supplements. I will not endorse any fad diets, however I can explain the draw backs to them and explain why they are the wrong way to go. I will not give advice relating to medications and/or their interactions with food and supplements.

I have earned certifications in Fitness Training and Fitness Nutrition from ISSA. I also self taught and stay current on the fitness industry. I lost 70 pounds training my self.

SFN- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition from ISSA CFT-n Certified Fitness Trainer from ISSA

Just the thank you from people I get to help.