Nutrition & Dieting/Are these safe to drink?

Hello.  I found these 'Mana Potion' drinks online (I'm a nerdy gamer, hehe), and they have high amounts of caffeine, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12.  Here's the link:

And here's the link to the nutritional information:

I would like to buy them, but the amounts of caffeine and those two vitamins seems absurdly high, and I'm not sure if it's safe to ingest that much of any of those all at once, much less do it continuously.  Seeing how small they are, I assume they're meant to be ingests similarly to shots; i.e.: all at once.  Advice and/or information about this would be helpful.  Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi Kyel,

Yes, it does seem like an absurdly high amount to have over 1000 times the RDA for two of the B vitamins. The tolerable upper limit (TUL) for B12 has not been established, and for B6 is 100 mg (If you are over 18), so technically you might be able to ingest 3 of these without adverse effects, but who knows? Would it be worth it to find out?

Are you just looking for some extra caffeine to stay awake (if so there are just plain caffeine pills like NoDoz).

Because this formula is technically neither a food or a drug, there is no FDA regulation governing the product. There could be things contained that are proven harmful, but without needing permission to sell from the FDA, you never know what you're getting.

In my opinion, if you want caffeine to stay awake, try coffee, tea, colas or caffeine pills and know what you're getting.

Good Luck!

Nutrition & Dieting

Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD

As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.

I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.