Nutrition & Dieting/fluid retention

what is the best way to get rid of fluid retention?

That depends entirely on what's causing it.
First and foremost a person should be checked for heart failure, kidney function and liver function.
If all organs are in working order, fluid retention should not be an issue.
Frequently a sodium restriction is recommended in all of these cases. Many people consume thousands of milligrams of sodium daily, largely from the added sodium in packaged, processed and fast foods. Choosing more fresh foods and eating more meals prepared at home is a good way to keep sodium intake down to recommended levels, 1500 to 2300 milligrams a day.

Nutrition & Dieting

Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD

As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.

I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.