Nutrition & Dieting/Increasing your weight and calorie?

Most people are worried about how to lose weight. However, I have a different issue: how to become bigger, as I am a slim man. My height is 1.73cm, and my weight is about 66kgs.
In this case, does it help me increase weight if I try to increase the amount of calorie every day?
My sincere thanks,

Yes, Liam, it's as simple as eating more calories than you burn.
Often I find that people who have trouble gaining weight just don't eat as often as they think they do. They get busy and skip meals!
Try keeping a food diary to see if you really eat as much as you think. It will take conscientious eating, three meals a day and a snack in between and before bed and the weight comes on slowly, maybe just 1 kg per month, so keep at it.
If you're too full to have a sandwich for a snack, look for dietary supplements like Boost or Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink (I'm not sure what's available in the UK). The drink should have 250-350 calories and 10 grams or so of protein. Some bars work too, like a Clif bar--you can get lots of calories in just a few small bites!

Good Luck,

Nutrition & Dieting

Laurie Beebe, MS, RD, LD

As a registered dietitian (RD)I am fully qualified to accurately answer questions regarding weight loss, including those from people with health conditions requiring dietary restrictions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc) who want to lose weight, or who have been advised to do so by their physician.

I have been a registered dietitian for over 30 years and have a certificate in Adult Weight Management through the commission on dietetic registration at Level 1 and Level 2. I am also trained in coaching through Coach U and currently work as a diet coach to help people lose weight the healthy way, through gradual habit changes.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, Nutrition Entreprenuers, St.Louis International Coach Federation, Toastmasters

Publications,,,, Today's Dietitian

Bachelor of Health Science from the University of Florida, 1983; Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University 1985; Certificate in Adult Weight Management 2006; CoachU core essentials grad 2007; Level 2 certificate in Adult Weight Management 2010.