Nutrition & Dieting/Drinking too much liquid

Question
I've noticed recently that when I drink too much liquid, my stomach starts growling a lot and I get diarrhea. For example, I  drank two large cups of soda within a few hours (a few times) and all of those times I got the described symptoms. What's odd is that this is only happening recently. This has never happened before a year or two ago.

Can you get diarrhea from drinking too much liquid?
Why is this happening and why is it just starting to happen now?

Answer
Hi Phillip,

This is something best explained by a dietitian or nutritionist.
I do know that if you  don't drink enough water for example you can have G.I distress, however their could be a ph balance in your stomach that is being altered also causing this. Check with your doctor to rule out anything more severe and if it gets worse then you know its something you should check with further.

Sorry I couldn't help further but I hope this helps steer you in the right direction. These kind of things can happen for multiple reasons so a full assessment should be done to rule out anything serious.

Hope this helps.

Nutrition & Dieting

Daniel